Thursday, January 10, 2008

Narrowing Diagnosis

It's not cancer, thank God. My grandmother's quest to determine what is happening to her has included multiple tests - some of which I took her to yesterday afternoon. I'm happy to report that the "big one" has been ruled out at this point, which is fantastic news. Adjustments to medication and more tests will hopefully narrow it down further.

This has been extremely stressful for my family, but we work best under pressure. It's like we all go into some sort of combat mode and are laser-focused. I really like that we all have that ability. It's probably a coping mechanism, but it works and it enables us to get things in order.

3 comments:

KP said...

Whew... keep us posted, and keep up all the good family love!

Kris said...

Scary stuff, but at least a big one has been ruled out. What a relief!

Jane said...

That's great news, Shorey! I hope that you find out soon. Sounds like she has a great family supporting her.