Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year

On the birthday front:
This has been a surprisingly difficult birthday for me. There is a short list of two things I had hoped I would experience by now, but at the same time some new reading material (courtesy of Mom) has reminded me I have a LOT to be thankful for. These years have shown me great adventures I could have never experienced if that short list had been crossed off. I started the year with some amazingly fun people, and being surrounded by friendship was a great way to "blow out the candles," so to speak.

On the New Year front:
This has been an interesting year for me. Success at work & a new attitude led to better motivation & TWO separate pay increases. Summer training led to considerable improvements in biking & running, but more importantly introduced me to a variety of fun & interesting people I now call friends. Family stresses, distance, and things beyond my control have led to more open dialogue about love, health, and self-worth with the people who matter the most to me. Renewed focus on myself & my spirit has led to a recent personal epiphany that will hopefully lead to many new things in 2008. I can't wait!

2 comments:

MW said...

: )

I look forward to continued friendship!

Kris said...

I'm happy to call you my friend. :)