Monday, September 1, 2008

What's Been Goin' On

Not much really to write about, although I have felt pretty busy lately. Here's what's up:
  • Lots of workouts - bricks, runs, bikes, swims, core, the standard stuff that most of my friends talk about. I'm slightly sore, but I've just been pushing myself, so no complaints.
  • Did the Nike run last night. I much prefer to run in the morning. Nutrition is usually "off" for evening runs - I mean, what do you eat and when? So, it felt weird eating my normal pre-run cereal at 5pm. It was HOT. And I never would have thought that essentially a reverse Turkey Trot route would be so hilly. Ouch. Saw at least 3 people on the side of the roads getting IVs, and I wasn't at all surprised. The Nike shirts didn't breathe at all. Pretty sure we were all sweating more from those shirts than from the actual run. I've been struggling with maintaining my MGP (I want to go faster) so I wanted to use this as a test. Of course you know that means I left my Garmin at home. But, as luck would have it, I managed to run EXACTLY my MGP. Felt pretty slow, but then it was only a 10K run, so I would expect it to feel slow. And those HILLS!
  • Getting prepared for 4 days of travel this week for work - Boston, DC and Pittsburgh. I will be visiting a couple of gyms for spin and swim while I'm out of town, and it will be free! All it took was a phone call.
  • I'm on the downhill of my recent allergy fit. I've been taking Zinc, wheatgrass and spirulina to prevent it from becoming a sinus infection or chest congestion. Seems to be working. Molds be damned!
  • So now I have a full day to do whatever I want! So many choices...what do you recommend?

2 comments:

brownie said...

Hooray Pittsburgh! Go run in Schenley Park!

Can you explain to me why so many Texans whine about and have problems with the heat? Does it still surprise them when it gets hot during the summer or something?

Shorey said...

No, it's not that it's a surprise. It's just that it gets old. We need a respite.