One of my favorite things is the No-Pudge Fudge Brownie Mix. You just add non-fat yogurt and bake or microwave & you get some delicious non-fat brownies. I even like that there's a single-serving recipe on the box - 2 tbs. mix plus 1 tbs. yogurt, microwave for a minute & you have a perfect serving. For some reason, I seem to think this entitles me to simply repeat the process several times. Before long, I've had 3 servings. They're just warm and gooey and chocolately...
Someone last night, I believe it was Josh, was saying he'd been to a "bacon party" where everyone brings a bacon dish, or a bacon "product". I commented that I could definitely understand a chocolate party, and then he said "yes, well someone brought chocolate-covered bacon." The sad thing is that when he said that I thought to myself, "I think that would be tasty." I know, I'm sick.
I'm not yet ready to enter a formal program, but I've heard that they really work. I've started outlining my 12 steps for when I must take the plunge:
- Admit that I am powerless over addiction to chocolate & that it often makes my life unmanageable
- Accept that a cocoa-free lifestyle can restore my sanity (or just make me periodically grumpy)
- Make a decision to turn my will over to the care of anyone without chocolate
- Make an inventory of all chocolate products in my life
- Admit to myself and at least one other person the exact nature of my chocolate problem
- Be ready to remove chocolate from my life
- Humbly ask everyone to remove chocolate from my reach
- Make a list of everyone harmed, shoved, or kicked in my quest for free samples at Whole Foods
- Make amends to those harmed bystanders
- Continue to take an inventory of my secret chocolate stashes
- Seek to abandon my contact with chocolate, in all it's glorious forms (although, I prefer dark chocolate, melted)
- Through the spiritual awakening resulting from taking these steps, try to carry this message to other addicts, and practice a chocolate-free lifestyle
For now, I'm just going to make another single-serving of the No Pudge brownies.