Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Times to Beat

Tomorrow morning at 5am I will be making my way to the CapTexTri transition area. Ugh. There's a lot to do before setting up in transition, so my day will probably start at 4am or earlier. Just the thought of that makes me a little nauseous.

The only person I want to beat is myself from last year. I looked at my times from 2006 and I wonder, "what on earth was I doing?" My transition times are horrible! But I probably took my time, used the port-o-let, posed for pictures, took a nap...

Anyway, here are the times I hope to beat:

1 mile swim - 34:06
T1 - 4:34
25 mile bike - 1:32
T2 - 3:40
6.2 mile run - 1:01

Overall time - 3:16:24
Age Group - 65th (out of 84)
Overall Place - 931st (out of 1226)

Now, I realize that a lot can go wrong on race day: mechanical problems that take too long to fix, crashes, near-drowning-thanks-to-scared-swimmer-who-pulls-you-under (this happened to Dionn last year), and many other mishaps. So, barring all of THAT, I hope I beat myself!

2 comments:

Slingshot said...

You'll do great! Maybe I'll get to body mark you in the morning :) If so I'll make sure to use the good-luck sharpie!

Shorey said...

Thanks, Glenda! I'll make sure to find you for body marking. I hope it clears up - this weather sucks!