Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, Pooh

CapTex was canceled this morning. Of course this was after I got up at 3:50am, had some breakfast, loaded up the car, traipsed through the rain, got body marked (thanks, Glenda & Wiley!), and stood under a tent for over an hour. I did get my picture taken a few times so there is proof I was there and willing to participate.

Overall, it would have been unsafe to swim or bike (I don't even want to think about the amount of bacteria and debris in Town Lake), and there was at least one stalled car on Barton Springs due to high water in the street.

Kudos to all the particpants and volunteers who made it out in the awful weather. Better times ahead next year...

6 comments:

Slingshot said...

I feel so bad for you guys who got all psyched up to do the race only to have to called off. But I agree, I can't imagine swimming or biking in that mess. Maybe this will add karma points to your next race, it'll be perfect weather!

MW said...

Karma doesn't give out points if he's not present.

But yes, you deserve good luck points.

Kris said...

What a bummer, Shorey. I'm with Glenda, I felt for you guys. But looking at Town Lake as I was driving home, I would NOT have wanted to swim in that mess. I hope you got some chocolate chip cookies and a nap, instead!

Shorey said...

No chocolate chip cookies, but I spent 2 hours at Austin Java with Stacey, Dionn, Malinda, Bibiana & Evan, then came home had a No Pudge Fudge brownie, THEN a nap. And then another nap. I say all the volunteers get Karma points, too.

kt said...

I'm sad your race didn't happen, hon! Especially because I'm selfish and would have loved to have you here in NY with me! When's the big big race you're doing?

Shorey said...

The big race is first weekend in Oct.