Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Rants

First, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: David Caruso is an over-actor. He may be the sole reason I never watch CSI: Miami again. He's always hunched over in some sort of sideways glance when he dramatically removes his sunglasses to state the obvious in a repetition-for-emphasis kind of way. Examples include:

  • Well, we'll find out now, won't we? We'll find out.
  • Give me time. Just give me time.
  • My job is to prove it. And we'll prove it.

Second, why do actors in commercials read their lines in such a way that we can see their eyes moving back & forth? I mean COME ON! It's 30-60 seconds of dialogue. Can they really not memorize that? Don't most commercial actors hope to make it in the big-time later on? How could they make it if they can't memorize even a minute's worth of lines?

No comments: