Thursday, December 20, 2007

Signature Required

With the holidays comes lots of package deliveries. I've had a box on my porch almost every day this week. I also got a FedEx notice when I missed a delivery that requires a signature. Hmmm, what could that be?

So yesterday the doorbell rang, the cats scattered (like they always do - Lucy on top of the fridge & Sophie upstairs), and the FedEx delivery was handed to me. A flat envelope. I knew exactly what it was before I even opened it:

"This is Enterprise Rent-A-Car's final attempt to collect for the above debt. You have 5 days from the date of receipt of this letter to make payment arrangements."

Damn.

4 comments:

Dionn said...

you've been served!

Shorey said...

Apparently, and shit you not: I was just on MoPac and there was a silver Dodge Nitro next to me with a damn Enterprise sticker on it. I bet it was the exact car. Made me want to hit it.

Kris said...

Fuckers.

Shorey said...

So I've decided to continue trying to be an ass about this & wrote Enteprise a letter indicating that I would pay only $50 per month until the bill is settled. It's all on principle now: I don't want to give them the satisfaction of having all of the money just yet. Hopefully it works. If I suddenly stop coming around, I've probably been arrested or something. Not sure they can really do that, but knowing Enterprise, they'll find a way.