Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fitzhugh is the Enemy

This morning Stacey and I set out on a ride with the CCRCC with a girl she just met, Marie. Stacey "forgot" to tell me she rode with this club a few times last year and that they are maniacs. The ride was billed to be some version of the Fitzhugh Flog, but really it was more along the lines of the Nutty Brown Throwdown, which was probably the most difficult ride I did last year (thanks, Tim!). Today we wound our way through the back neighborhoods along 1826 over to Fitzhugh & then did an out and back. Fitzhugh is basically one hill after another. No sooner do you make it up one hill and you've got another, and another, and another, ad nauseam.

Anyway, these guys are FAST and my legs started screaming at me at mile 15, which in part is due to the Lost Creek ride I did yesterday. I really liked riding with this group for a variety of reasons, and hope to do it again. But maybe next time I'll take it easy the day before. Gee, sometimes my brilliance is amazing.

Afterward, had a coffee/rest at Starbucks with Stacey & Arturo, then headed over to Waterloo for a GIANT breakfast. Then, home for a hot shower & a much-needed nap, which is where I'm headed now....zzzzz.....zzzzzz.

No comments: