Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Most Embarrassing Post in the World

Well, at least it's embarrassing to me, and by admitting it to the world on a public blog, perhaps I won't let things get so out of hand again...

Back story: Usually, my parents have a big garage sale once a year that coincides with the GIANT Lost Creek neighborhood garage sale (sidenote: for those of you wanting to ride around Lost Creek next weekend on your bikes, avoid the neighborhood at all costs). This gives me a perfect opportunity to get rid of things I don't use, don't want, don't need, don't like. I realized, as I prepare for next weekend that we must have missed last year. And how do I know this?

Well, let me share what I have been organizing nearly non-stop since 12:30pm today:

37 sweaters
35 skirts
23 jackets
29 pairs of pants
10 pairs of jeans
9 suits
19 sleeveless shirts/tanks
31 casual tanks/spaghetti straps
11 dresses
5 track suits
11 pairs of shorts
13 pairs of running shorts
9 PJ sets
2 scarves
12 workout pants
56 short-sleeved shirts
12 sweatshirts/fleece tops
22 workout shirts/cycling jerseys
54 long-sleeved shirts
16 blouses
13 sports bras/tops
4 baseball caps
2 purses
5 belts

So, now that all of these have been removed from my closet I can actually see stuff and I'm organized. This has been a huge source of angst for me, and I have never let my closet/drawers get so out of hand before. I really do prefer things neat & tidy, although you'd never know it by looking at that list and imagining the mounds of clothes I've removed from my home. Now that I've gone through it all, and sorted it, I feel so much relief. And yes, I still have things to wear...but all of this reminds me of Tim's post a couple of months ago, and is further evidence that it's too easy to buy a bunch of crap either because it's on sale, you have one in another color that you really like, you *might* need it on some occasion, blah, blah.

With the clothes and the other miscellaneous things I'll be parting with next weekend (including one of my old bikes), I hope to make some good money, which I will donate to Girls on the Run.

1 comment:

KP said...

Only 2 scarves?! Man, that is embarrassing...