Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stacked Brick

Today I was supposed to do a bike/run brick, according to my plan, but I missed yesterday's swim (thanks, Pub Run!) so decided with nice weather and timed nutrition intakes I could fit it all in. And I did! Turned into a bike/swim/bike/run for 20/1000/15/3, 2 gels and a salt tab. Ummmm... let's just say after a well-deserved burger and a couple of Hefeweisens and I can barely complete a full sentence. VERY tired. The bike took me through Lost Creek again, and my arms were like jelly on the second bike, after the swim. My freckles are talking to me a bit, too. Woohoo, I'm gonna feel it all tomorrow!

And the stars aligned perfectly for me to fit in my first race of the season mid-April. A last minute idea with last minute reservations, but I believe will be SOOO worth it. This is very exciting!

No comments: