Monday, March 10, 2008

Sore Muscles

This morning I was emailing a friend about using the foam roller, mentioning the different muscles that can be worked when it dawned on me exactly how sore I am from this last week (thank goodness today is my rest day). Here's what's talking to me today:
  • Levator Scapula
  • Anterior Deltoid
  • Traps
  • Rhomboids
  • Infraspinatus
  • Teres Minor
  • Lats
  • Triceps
  • Pectorals
  • Serratus Anterior
  • Rectus Abdominus
  • External Obliques
  • Soleus
  • Achilles
  • Hip Flexors
  • IT Band
  • Hamstrings
  • Quads
  • Gluteus Medius
  • Piriformis

I don't know what is more alarming: the fact that so many things hurt today, or the fact that I know these muscles by name. I love my sports therapist because she has taught me a lot about the muscular system over the past 3 years. It also means I get so much more out of my massages because we can get right to the sore bits. I must say, though, that I'm glad I have a few days before my next massage because I'm so sore, I'm not sure I could handle much pressure.

No comments: