Thursday, May 1, 2008

Finding Your Rabbit

So today during lunch I got in a brick workout (bike/run). During my run through NW Hills I started picking up the pace and ended up playing leap-frog with a recycling truck. The truck would pull up a few houses, and the guys would jump out, grab recycling containers, run back to the truck, dump the recycling, they'd toss the containers back to the curb, then jump back in the truck & pull up a few houses, etc. etc. It sort of became a game as to who was going faster, to the point where the guys and I were racing. I would run ahead, then they'd catch up and pass me, then I would run ahead, and so on. It was actually kinda funny.

I guess when you train alone you have to find your rabbit somewhere. Ummm. Yeah.

2 comments:

Sadie J said...

We are on similar wavelenghts...finding people(trucks) to chase.

Mark said...

So ... let's see. Bunch of guys working outdoors in the hot weather in a job that doesn't occupy their collective neurons in a culture where wolf-whistles are so-non-PC + hot woman in running attire. And they try and keep up, keep you in sight? Yup, I can see that happening.