Sunday, August 10, 2008

Drink for Whining

I see this saying a lot on blogs and emails, and I think it's fitting for me. At least today.

Since this past spring, I sort of fell into a schedule where Monday is my day off from training. Sometimes a work meeting or travel on another weekday warrants a slight adjustment, but that's pretty easy to do. But recently, I thought I would try to move my day off to Friday; however, I just can't get the hang of it.

Seems that in the middle of a long swim this past Friday I remembered that it was supposed to be my day off. This means that I trained everyday from Aug. 2nd to today. And it probably explains why, during what was supposed to be my 60 mile bike ride this morning, I just pulled over & called it quits. AT. MILE. 8. My body just flat out said "no" - and so I've spent the rest of the day in a weird groggy on/off nap mixed with Olympic watching from the comfort of my couch. (Am I turning into Wiley?? No back injuries...yet.)

Maybe I'll get the swing of taking Fridays off starting this week?? I guess it all depends on whether I feel like a run/bike/swim/weights/core/yoga tomorrow. Work travel this coming Friday may also help "force" the switch.

3 comments:

erin said...

sometimes it's not meant to be... good for you for listening to your body today!

Unknown said...

Too funny...my day off has always been Friday but I think I may switch it to Monday.

brownie said...

Monday is a good off day because folks tend to pile a good chunk of their training into the weekends. And yeah, drink for whining.