Tuesday, October 7, 2008

That Did NOT Just Happen

I'll spare you all the details, but today I had my annual exam. Yeah, THAT one. Everything is good. But part of the exam was a bit, um, different, this time.

Dr: Don't be alarmed, but I'm going to put my ________ in your ___.
Me: What?
Dr: I'm going to put my ________ in your ___.
Me: You are WHAT?
Dr: (laughs) I only do this to check your ______ for problems.
Me: Oh. My. God. You ARE.
Dr: Almost done.
Me: You've never done that before. Why are you doing that?
Dr: Well, you've never been 38 before.
Me: Oh.

I remember way back when before my very first appointment I asked my mother what to expect. She told me about this, but the doctor never did it at the time. But I'm now in the club.

Next up? Mammogram.

2 comments:

Missychel said...

OMG!!.....and not even dinner first.

Thanks for the warning.

Sadie J said...

I'm not 38 and I've had that 'examination' (only once, thank goodness!). It's shocking isn't it?