Thursday, December 11, 2008

Prep

Today I signed up for a CLIF pace team. Not sure I'll run with them, but I'll keep them nearby. I've heard stories about some of them talking constantly, and while that sounds good, it may completely get on my nerves late in the run.

Weather forecasts are stressing me out:
  • 46-72 degrees, winds S 23mph, 10% chance rain (weather.com)
  • 53-74 degrees, winds S 24mph with gusts up to 39mph, 15% chance rain (accuweather.com)
  • 60-73 degrees, winds S 20-25mph with gusts up to 30mph, 20% chance rain after 12noon (nws.noaa.gov)

Interesting how much they vary. In any case, the southbound jaunt around White Rock Lake is going to S.U.C.K. Temps mean I have to rethink my clothing choices. After my HORRENDOUS chafing from a few weeks ago, I'm sceeered (and I was wearing Body Glide, even...)

1 comment:

Tim said...

Shorey, you are gonna do great this weekend. Do not let anything mess with you and just stay positive. Remember it is an amazing feat to finish a marathon and something few people ever accomplish. Good luck.