Friday, June 15, 2007

ABIA

There is a really cool exhibit right now at ABIA. I am a HUGE animal lover (animals of all sizes, actually, not just huge ones). The exhibit, called "Austin Animal Attraction" consists of 38 documentary images captured by 12 Austin area photographers featuring animals from the Texas Hearing and Service Dogs organization, the Humane Society of Austin, and the Austin Town Lake Animal Shelter. The photos are simply beautiful. (Glenda, there's even a bunny!)

If you find yourself hanging out at the airport, check it out - it's behind the Austin Article store near Gate 8. Or better, adopt a shelter pet.

7 comments:

Mike said...

I just flew out of Gate 8. I missed the mutts though.

Shorey said...

Unfortunately, the only place where ABIA can really do an art exhibit is back by the bathrooms. So, on your way home from LA, hit the john and you'll see them.

Kris said...

I saw this on the way out of the loo! It's a really neat series of photos.

Kris said...

But it's by the bathroom.

Kris said...

Which is sort of sad, if you think about it.

Shorey said...

All the good ABIA art is by the bathroom

Missychel said...

oooo..thanks. I fly out at the end of the week. I always stop to check out the art-by-the-can. I think of it as my little secret treasure to look forward to each flight since airport dealings can be torture sometimes.