Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is That What I Think It Is?

With all the talk lately of tarantula, snake, giant gnat & bunny sightings during runs and rides, I thought I'd throw it out there that I saw a bat yesterday during my 7 mile run. I-35 footbridge. Dead.

Which reminds me that a few years ago when our offices were on S. Congress, we had a very scared little bat in our building one day. Little guy just couldn't find his way home. I called animal control to see what we should do, and they sent someone right over to catch him. But then I noticed that the animal control guy put the bat in a plastic container. With the lid on. The guy looked at me like I was an alien when I innocently asked, "Aren't you going to put some holes in the lid so it can breathe?"

He relented, forcefully stabbing holes in the lid with his pocket knife, but I fear he immediately put the container in the dumpster.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I like bats. They perform an important service (eating their weight in bugs each night). They also have sonar, which is really cool. Plus I think they're cute in a dangerous-toothy-mouse-with-wings sort of a way.

Dionn said...

as long as they don't fly into my crazy, curly hair...I'm cool with the bats too!