Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby Kitty & Mama Bear

This is quite possibly the cutest/funniest thing I've ever seen. For those of you who don't know, this is the kitten that I rescued from Steve & Ruth's neighborhood at their holiday party in December. This little baby was only 5 weeks old at the time, and was pretty sick. He was adopted by my sister, Katie, but while she is finishing her final semester at Georgetown in DC, I am "kitty sitting."

Kittens LOVE to play. They want to romp around with toys, play with other cats, and cause general mayhem. Problem is, my girls don't really want to play with him because he's so feisty (a la toddler terrible two's). So instead of the other cats, he has decided to love on and play with his Mama Bear, which is a stuffed polar bear. Every day he "makes bread" on this bear like it's his Mama, and he even wrestles with it as though it's another cat. He growls and meows at it all the time, and it's simply adorable. (no making fun of me talking to the kitty - you know you talk to your pets, too)

If/when he starts humping it, that will be the signal that it's time to get him neutered. But I think that will be a few more months.

5 comments:

kt said...

I miss my baby!

Slingshot said...

That is too cute :)

KP said...

He's got you wrapped around his dew claw.

Panther said...

Holy sh*t, that's cute as f*ck.

Kris said...

Awwww...